Keeping Green – Our 14 Steps Towards Being Eco-Friendly
We are ALL ABOUT reducing our carbon footprint and being eco-friendly! Read our 14 steps that we implement in the nursery and maybe they will give you ideas for home. Go GREEN!!!
- Think Before Printing – we do – do you? Save ink, save paper, save trees!
- Only Organic & Biodegradable Cleaning Products in our house.
- Give AC’s a break!! Switch OFF when not needed.
- The lights go OUT when we leave the room.
- Join our Parent Garden Committee & grow organic veggies! We love the dedication & sense of community.
- Composting brings life to our organic veggie garden. Bokashi – Keeping Nature Alive – Only natural compost for us! Food scraps & special bins = zero waste.
- Have you used our recycle centre? Bring your plastic, paper and aluminum from home. We recycle everything! Zero waste is always our goal.
- We are the masters of upcycling. Have a handbag, a hat, a pair of heels or an old dress?? Your unwanted is our hunted treasure.
- Natural resources – open-ended child-friendly learning experiences – we keep plastic fantastic to an absolute minimum.
- Reduce plastic bags!! Waterproof fabric works best for our take-back-home wet clothes.
- Thirsty for Something better? We use Liquid of Life sustainable water system! No plastic bottles in our house!
- Tyres for swings & wooden pellets for… actually tyres & pellets for everything!! Super versatile!
- You won’t find palm oil on our kitchen shelves… we don’t go near it. Read why right here.
- Water consumption is constantly on our minds. How do you curb water consumption in your home?
If you have any more ideas, please share… we’d LOVE to hear them!